LOCKED UP in a foreign country
A South African perspective
LOCKED UP in a foreign country is intended to WAKE UP and SHAKE UP the harsh reality of drug trafficking.
This is not another "don't do drugs" website. Rather, it is intended to give you a glimpse into the darker side of the drug business.
If you have never used or never thought about dealing drugs, some of your closest friends probably have. Drug Mules are recruited in nightclubs, at parties, pubs, on the rugby field, in the gym, university, the workplace. In fact, every social gathering has potential.
Not every drug user becomes an addict however, using some drugs can lead to addiction. Addiction can lead to becoming a mule.
For the addict who has lost everything, accumulated debts and finds themselves in a dire financial position, the offer of cash-for-a-run is a very attractive one. The going rate is between R20,000 and R35,000.
- To educate people!!
- To put as much pressure as it takes on the SA Government to SIGN onto the existing worldwide multi-lateral Prisoner Transfer Agreement and extradite it's people!!
Xolani Koyana | 16 Feb 2017
CAPE TOWN - The Independent Police Investigative Directorate (Ipid) is working with the Airports Company to curb an alleged drug smuggling scheme by police and Hawks members at OR Tambo International Airport. Ipid told Parliament’s police committee of a ‘war’ between the police and the Hawks over an alleged drug smuggling scheme at the airport.
Thulani Gqirana, News24
Cape Town – A police officer committed suicide by shooting himself in the head, twice, and the Hawks and SAPS were engaged in a war over confiscated drugs, police watchdog IPID told MPs on Wednesday.
November 29, 2016 2:25 pm by Staff Publisher - NEWS 101
The murder of Warrant Officer Colbern Mashego, a Hawks member who was gunned down on Sunday, has been strongly condemned by the National Head of the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation Lieutenant General Mthandazo Ntlemeza.
- Customs officials arrested for smuggling cocaine worth R2m
- OR Tambo customs staff held after cocaine bust
- Three people arrested and 14 planes searched by gardaí during major international crime operation
- SA high commissioner's past as drug smuggler exposed
- WATCH: Drug dealers with cops on their payroll